You may have seen much news related to oil spills. Well, there are many countries that had face problem related to oil spill, especially the people of that nation. It’s a form of contaminating which commit when refined oil products widespread into the water or on land. Leakage of tankers and trucks becomes the sources of oil spills. Oil spills really put a negative effect on the environment, which leads to diseases.
- Here are some eye-opening facts about oil spills which you can read and increase your knowledge.
- President Obama had created 20 billion dollars of oil spill response fund.
- Louisiana coastline is contaminated from oil and the proportion was up-to ¼.
- The devastating effect was a special method which was used to remove oil during the spill in order to clean the water.
- While the deepwater horizon oil spill, in the Gulf of Mexico over 200 million gallons of crude oil was spilled.
- 50% of large tanker oil spills happened during vessels in the water from 1970 to 2014.
Common small tanker trucks
If we talk about the smaller tank trucks then they have a low capacity as compared to larger once. Basically, it is used to deal with light liquid cargo locally. They are small in size but little power and deliver the oil in maximum capacity. In addition to this, the chances of the accident are also less because drivers can easily control the small tank trucks.
Even, people deliver fuel and it easily equips approximately 1000 US gallons. Nevertheless, the trucks are equipped with the pumping system to fill the other tanks according to the capacity. Most of the time small tankers of trucks are used at the airports in order to refill the aircraft’s tanks.